Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Gotta love kids...

As many of you know, I am a teacher.  I teach first grade and love it (even on those tough days).  I waited a while to tell my kiddos about the baby because I knew they would have a lot of questions and wouldn't really understand everything.  Yesterday, I decided it was time to tell them.  After all, I'm getting bigger and sooner or later they are going to wonder why Mrs. Hoyle is getting so fat!
I read a "Little Critter" book about a new baby before I told them my news.  I thought maybe some of them would catch on and figure it out, but not one single person did!  I had them keep guessing as to why I would want to read that story and FINALLY someone figured it out.  Then the questions began...but not as many as I thought.  They wanted to know if it would be a boy or a girl and if I knew what the name would be. 
My favorite part of the day was when they asked if I would bring her in for show and tell on Friday.  They also think I should name her Rosie or Glenda...I'm not sure where they came up with either of those! 
We decided that since she won't be here until about July, I would bring a picture in and show them when they are in second grade.  We're leaving the name question alone for now...we have a name in mind, and sadly, it's not Rosie or Glenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment