Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Busy Busy Busy


Madalyn Jane is finally here!  I was induced at 6:30 AM on July 10, but at 5 that evening I still wasn't ready to have Madalyn.  Around 7, my doctor decided that a c-section was the best option since my water had broken but I wasn't making any progress....the rest of the night went so fast that I barely remember it, but I do remember hearing her cry as she was born at 8:27 PM.  She was 7 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches long.  

I think she is absolutely perfect!  It's amazing how much you can love someone you've just met.  Because I had the c-section, Derek had to do pretty much everything the first couple nights.  He has been absolutely amazing and I can tell and Maddie is going to be a daddy's girl.  I am so lucky to have such an incredible family. 

It's been 2 (fast) weeks since she was born.  Everything checked out well at her 2 week check up and she now weighs 7 lbs 15 oz!  I have a little over a week left before I go back to work and I know I will miss her a ton each day!  At least I know she'll be in good hands while I'm gone. 

Madalyn Jane, age 2 days.  Photo by Charley's Angels photography at the hospital!  I LOVE it!


No comments:

Post a Comment